Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cake Release

When I was getting ready to make my first (and only) wedding cake, I was having a hard time with the cake sticking to my 6" pan. I ended up doing a lot of online research on what worked and didn't work. I've had a lot of success with the Wilton brand cake release but it is expensive. This home-made version is a lot more affordable and you already have all the ingredients on hand.Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. Crisco
1 Tbsp. Oil
1 Tbsp. Flour

Directions:
(1) In a small bowl blend the above ingredients together until smooth.
(2) Spread into cake pan.

Helpful Hints:
(1) This is an equal parts recipe. Using the Tablespoon works for me because I typically use one cake pan at a time. If you have more than one cake pan you may want to increase the amounts.

1 comment:

  1. I recommend this cake release recipe too! It totally worked on my botched up recipe failure. :) I'll have you know I made your perfect chocolate chip cookies and I followed the recipe to a T! And it turned out great! Possibly the BEST recipe I've used!

    ReplyDelete