4 Tbsp. margarine or butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
4 Tbsp. Flour
3 cups milk
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3 tsp. mustard
12 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 lb crisp, crumbled bacon
3 cups potato chips, crushed
(1) Preheat oven to 35o degrees.
(2) In a medium saucepan melt margarine and saute onions until translucent.
(3) Add flour and milk until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly.
(4) Then add cheese until melted. Add mustard and stir until smooth.
(5) Remove from heat.
(6) In a greased 9x13-inch pan layer 6 of the sliced eggs, half the cheese sauce, half the bacon and half the crushed chips. Repeat once.
(7) Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
(1) This can be made up the night before and refrigerated but add 10-15 minutes to total cook time.
(2) This casserole is a bit of work but worth the effort.