Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuna Pasta Salad

Somewhere in my childhood memories is this tuna pasta salad. I don't remember who would make it or where we would have it but summer family BBQ's always seemed to have it. So last night we had a work BBQ for da' Hubby. I thought "I'll just look it up on-line". Easier said then done. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for so I did alittle cut and paste and came up with my own version of it. In the end it came out just as I remembered it had been.


Ingredients:
2 cups Barilla Elbow Macoroni Noodles
1 1/2 cups frozen sweet peas
1/2 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise
3 Tbsp. Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
2 - 5 oz cans of Tuna, drained
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:
(1) Cook macaroni noodles according to directions on box.
(2) Place frozen peas in colander. When pasta is al'dente drain over the peas.
(3) Meanwhile in a large serving bowl combine the mayonnaise, Italian dressing, tuna and salt and pepper. Mix well.
(4) Add macaroni noodles and peas. Stir together.
(5) Chill for at least one hour. Once ready to serve mix in sharp cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment