1 - 16oz. pkg. vermicelli, coarsely broken
4 cups. chicken, cooked and shredded
1 - 2oz. jar chopped pimentos, drained
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1- 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
(1) In a large saucepan with boiling water place frozen chicken breasts and boil until chicken is done. Remove chicken and shred.
(2) In the water you used to cook the chicken place the vermicelli and boil until al dente. Drain.
(3) In a large bowl combine shredded chicken, pimentos, onion, salt, pepper, 2 cups of cheese, and soup. Add in noodles.
(4) Place in a lightly greased 9x13" pan. Sprinkle remaining 2 cups of cheese on top.
(5) Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
(1) The original recipe also called for a 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper. But knowing my family - I knew that they would automatically shun this dish if they saw it in there. I don't know if green peppers would really do much for it - perhaps a small can of green chilies would be better and add a lot more flavor.
(2) A 9x13" pan of this would be way too much food for our family of 4 so I made up the entire batch and divided it into two 8x8" pans. I then froze one for a night where I don't feel like cooking.