From: GGma Reger - from Becky Reger
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp. black walnut flavoring
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups finely chopped rhubarb
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
1 tsp. melted butter
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(2) In a large mixing bowl combine the brown sugar, oil, egg, buttermilk, vanilla, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and black walnut flavoring.
(3) Stir in finely chopped rhubarb and nuts.
(4) Scoop batter into muffin tins and press crumble topping into tops of muffins.
(5) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.