Sure I said.
I was thinking 2 maybe 3. I received over 50.
So I'm going to get my salsa on.
And my sauce on.
And anything else I can think of.
But first we have to get the tomatoes ready for the party. They need to be skinned and de-seeded before any of the above mentioned stuff can begin.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
- While waiting for water to boil fill sink half full with water.
- Prepare a large bowl with ice water.
- Have a bowl or paper towel ready for discarded skins.
- Place 2-4 tomatoes in pot of boiling water for no longer than 1 minute.
- Immediately plunge boiled tomatoes into bowl of ice water.
- Remove tomatoes from ice water and slide the skins off. Throw skins away.
- Slice top off of tomatoes and discard any other undesirable parts.
- Slice tomatoes in half or in quarters depending on the size.
- Over the kitchen sink squeeze each tomato half. This will get rid of the extra juices and seeds. I learned that the seeds will make any sauce bitter. So get rid of them.
- The reason I like to squeeze the tomatoes over the kitchen sink is for the pure convenience that I can run the garbage disposal and it makes for a very quick clean up.