The first time I had these little cholesterol bombs was at family wedding. My husband will volunteer me to make these for almost every party we have or plan to attend. In fact, people will come right up to me and ask me if I will make them and bring them to the party. They are not hard to make at all. Just hard to clean up.
1 pkg. Hillshire Farms Lit'l Smokies - original
1-1lb bag of brown sugar
1 -1lb pkg of bacon (not thick sliced)
(1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
(2) Cut strips of bacon into thirds.
(4) Wrap one Lit'l Smokie in a 1/3 of a strip of bacon. Secure with toothpick and line in a 9x13" pan. Continue to do this until all the Little Smokies are wrapped in bacon. You should have a full pan.
(5) Cover the Lit'l Smokies with the entire bag (yes, I said the entire bag) of brown sugar.
(6) Bake uncovered for 45 minutes to 1-hour or until bacon begins to crisp.
(7) Can then be transferred to a crock-pot that is turned on warm or low. If you have a crock-pot liner I would highly recommend using it.
(8) Listen for your artery's to clog.