5 lbs babyback pork ribs
1/2 gallon apple juice
2 cups BBQ sauce. (We like the Kraft, original style)
(1) Prepare a charcoal smoker and bring the temperature to 225 degrees.
(2) Cut the ribs into smaller portions of 3 or 4 ribs. Place them in a large stock-pot.
(3) Pour enough apple juice to cover them. Place a lid on the pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
(4) Place ribs on the lightly oiled smoker grate. Smoke ribs for 5-7 hours, maintaining the temperature at 225 degrees.
(5) Make a sauce by mixing together the BBQ sauce and 2 cups of the used apple juice. Baste the ribs with this sauce while continuing to cook for another 30 minutes.