1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(2) In large bowl beat shortening and sugar until creamy.
(3) Beat in egg until smooth.
(4) Add the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Beat until just Incorporated.
(5) Add 1/2 cup of milk and beat briefly until ingredients are Incorporated.
(6) Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes.
(7) Immediately take muffins and dip in melted butter and then in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
(8) Serve hot.
(1) Once I thought I would save money and buy the store brand baking powder but soon discovered that it was really just a waste of money. Use a brand you trust. I've heard Watkins has an awesome baking powder.
(2) I'm a vanilla freak. I think I put it in anything I bake. Sometimes I even put a tsp. in here. A gal's got to have flavor you know.