So if you want THE chocolate chip cookie that is slightly crisp around the edges and perfectly soft and chewy in the middle then this is the one for you.
2 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
(1) Preheat oven to 357 degrees
(2) Mix flour, salt and soda. Set aside.
(3) In large mixing bowl whip butter add sugar and brown sugar until pale, light and fluffy.
(4) Add vanilla.
(5) Add eggs one at a time. The eggs should be well beaten in, mixture should look creamed and not curdled.
(6) Add dry ingredients 1/2 cup at a time until well incorporated.
(7) Add chocolate chips.
(8) Drop by spoonfuls or use a Pampered Chef cookie scooper and place on un-greased cookie sheet.
(9) Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
(1) Do not under any circumstance use margarine instead of butter for this recipe. It's gross.
(2) Use unsalted butter - then you can control the amount of salt you add. If you use salted butter omit the salt. The salt helps to enhance the chocolate - and we all know that's a good thing.
(3) If you have it, use pure vanilla extract.