Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Poppy Seed Chicken

I got this recipe from my buff and beautiful friend Amber Kuphal. It's my standard "you had a baby, I bring you a meal" dish.

Ingredients:
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 8oz container sour cream
1 sleeve crushed Town House Club crackers
1 stick butter, melted
2 Tbs. poppy seeds

Directions:
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(2) Lightly grease a 9x13" pan and line with chicken.
(3) In a bowl mix the cream of chicken soup with the sour cream and spread over chicken.
(4) Mix crushed crackers, melted butter and poppy seeds together. Spread over soup layer.
(5) Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour uncovered.

Helpful Hints:
(1) Use the Club crackers. Seriously. I tried once with Ritz because I was out of the Club and it just wasn't the same. Don't try some off brand either.
(2) Use butter not margarine. I've found that the butter gives it amazing flavor and the margarine gives it a greasy texture.
(3) This is great served with some sort of steamed vegetable, like carrots.

1 comment: