1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 8oz. cans tomato sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 3oz. package of cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
7 cups egg noodles, cooked and drained
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
(1) In a large skillet brown hamburger and onion until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
(2) Return to skillet and stir in tomato sauce, sour cream, cream cheese, sugar and garlic salt.
(3) In a greased 9x13" pan, place half of the noodles and top with half of the meat sauce. Repeat layers.
(4) Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
(5) Sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
(1) This is really easy to put together in the afternoon and then put in your refrigerator until you're ready to bake it.
(2) My kids love it with bread sticks and a salad.