4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - trimmed
Salt and pepper
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp. mustard
2 cups instant rice
1 (10 oz) package of frozen broccoli spears, thawed and chopped
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
(1) Preheat oven to 45o degrees.
(2) In a large microwave-safe bowl whisk the cream, broth and mustard together. Microwave on high until boiling. About 8 minutes.
(3) Meanwhile, pat the chicken dry with paper towels, then cut into 2" chunks. Spread in a greased 9x13" baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
(4) Stir the rice into the cream mixture,t hen pour over the chicken. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
(5) Pat the broccoli dry. In a mixing bowl combine the broccoli and cheddar cheese and mix together. Spread over chicken and rice mixture.
(6) Sprinkle Ritz crumbs over the top. Continue to bake unitl the edges are bubbling and the crumbs are browned, 5-10 more minutes.