6 quarts of popped popcorn
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
(1) Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
(2) Having carefully gone through the popcorn and discarded seeds or corn with large hulls, place popcorn into 2 large roasting pans.
(3) In a large saucepan melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, salt and syrup. Bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes on low heat without stirring.
(4) Remove from heat and add vanilla. Carefully add baking soda and stir.
(5) Gradually pour over popcorn. Turn to coat.
(6) Bake for 1 hour turning every 15 minutes.
(7) Transfer to a cookie sheet to cool. Break apart and store in tight container.