3 cups warm water
2 Tbsp. yeast
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1 cup molasses
2 Tbsp. oil
1 tsp. salt
7-8 cups flour
(1) In a large mixing bowl combine the warm water and sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Sprinkle yeast over water and allow to set until it bubbles (about 10 minutes).
(2) Stir in oatmeal, molasses, oil and salt.
(3) Stir in flour, one cup at a time until it is not sticky and dough is smooth and elastic.
(4) Cover and let rise until doubled.
(5) Once doubled, cut into 3 pieces. Make into nice round loafs.
(6) Place loafs in greased bread pans and let rise until doubled.
(7) Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes. TURN OVEN OFF and let set in oven with door closed for another 20 minutes.
(8) Allow loafs to cool on wire racks before removing from pans.
(1) Today when I made this I ran out of white flour. I used all of 5 cups of white and used another 2+ cups of whole wheat. The bread still tasted awesome and is probably better for me.
(2) Try it toasted with butter and honey. SOOOO good.