1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 bag Toll House white chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 - 8oz pkg. cream cheese, at room temperature
(1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
(2) Cream together butter, shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Beat in eggs.
(3) In a separate bowl mix flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt.
(4) Beat flour mixture into butter mixture to form a stiff dough. Press dough into a rectangle as large as the baking sheet.
(5) Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
(6) For the filling: In a microwaveable bowl melt vanilla chips and cream. Beat in cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Will look a bit soupy, but no worries just chill for about 10 minutes while you slice the fruit. Spread over cooled cookie crust.
(7) For the topping: Arrange sliced fruit over filling. In a medium saucepan heat 1/2 cup sugar, 2 Tbs. cornstarch, 1 cup pineapple juice and 1 tsp. lemon juice. Stir and cook until sugar dissolves and mixture thickens. Pour over fruit.
(8) Refrigerate until serving.