2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 8oz container sour cream
2 cups cottage cheese
1 egg, slightly beaten
Salt & pepper to taste
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup crushed croutons
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(2) Cook macaroni until al'dente. Drain. Set aside.
(3) In a large bowl combine sour cream, cottage cheese, egg, salt & pepper and cheddar cheese.
(4) Stir in pasta. Incorporate well.
(5) Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-qt. casserole dish.
(6) Sprinkle crushed croutons on top as well as paprika.
(7) Bake at 350 degrees for 24 minutes.
(1) I always use the Rothbury Farms - Seasoned croutons. They have the best flavor and are nice and crunchy so they make the best topping. Just a handful in a Ziploc bag, seal and beat with a rolling pin until they resemble fine crumbs.
(2) It helps to bake and serve this fine dish in Granny's dishes, it just tastes better.