1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup corn syrup
1 cup Jiff peanut butter
6 oz pkg. butterscotch chips
6 cups Rice Krispies
12 oz. pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
(1) Combine sugar and syrup in a 3 qt. saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring frequently until mixture boils. Remove from heat.
(2) Stir in peanut butter and mix well.
(3) Stir in Rice Krispies until well blended.
(4) Press mixture in a lightly buttered 9x13" pan.
(5) Melt butterscotch chips and chocolate chips. Stir. Spread evenly over Rice Krispies.
(6) Refrigerate until chocolate sets. Keep chilled.
(1) The original recipe calls for only 1 cup of corn syrup. But I like my scotcheroos chewy so I always add just a little bit more.
(2) I also don't add the entire bag of chocolate chips. Sometimes (crazy, I know) that's just a little too much chocolate. So play around with the quantities until you think it's just how you want it.