This recipe is from my former bosses wife. She made these awesome chocolate cupcakes with THE best frosting.
2 egg whites
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup Crisco
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cocoa powder
(1) Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
(2) Add salt and vanilla.
(3) Add part of powdered sugar and the Crisco. Mix.
(4) Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth and creamy.
(5) Mix in milk and cocoa powder until smooth and the consistency that you desire. If too thick, add more milk.
(1) The original recipe doesn't call for cocoa powder. So if you want vanilla frosting omit the cocoa powder.
(2) For an added flavor boost try using flavored coffee creamer instead of the milk.
(3) If you have it, use heavy cream instead of milk. The higher the fat content the better the stability of the frosting.