3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
1 cup hot water
1/2 cup coffee
2 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. soda
4 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(2) Mix all ingredients until well blended.
(3) Pour into 2-8" prepared cake pans or cupcake liners.
(4) Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
(5) When cooled frost with Chocolate Bakery Frosting.
(1) The original recipe doesn't call for coffee. But I use coffee since it helps to enhance chocolate. If you prefer to omit the coffee you can replace it with water.