Monday, June 7, 2010

Granny's Baked Beans

I did it. I lied. I told you I would never (ever, ever - I mean it) post a recipe about beans. Seriously. I think pork & beans were a staple once a week at our house when I was a child. I plain don't buy baked beans. I usually refuse to eat them. But yesterday was Da Hubby's birthday and he requested baked beans. Ugh. Since I love him dearly I went to work and found in my stack a recipe from Granny. And since it was Granny's recipe it was worth making - but I didn't eat them.

Ingredients:
1 (16 oz) can of Pork & Beans
2 slices of crisp bacon, cut into pieces
2 Tbs. brown sugar
2 Tbs. Vidalia Onion - diced well
2 Tbs. Ketchup
1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
Directions:
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(2) Combine all ingredients in a 1 quart casserole dish.
(3) Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment