2 Tbsp. yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 tsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. oil
2 tsp. salt
2 cups boiling water
7-8 cups flour
(1) In a bowl combine warm water and 1/2 tsp. sugar. Sprinkle yeast on top. Let stand for 30 minutes.
(2) Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl combine 2 cups boiling hot water, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 2 Tbsp. oil and 2 tsp. salt. Let cool.
(3) After 30 minutes add yeast mixture to the water mixture. Using a wooden spoon add flour one cup at a time until it begins to come together and is no longer sticky.
(4) Knead for 8-10 minutes. Place in a large greased bowl and cover gently with a towel. Let rise until doubled.
(5) Punch down and rest for another 15 minutes.
(6) Divide dough in half. Roll each into a 12"x15" rectangle. Roll each into a 15" long log. Tuck ends under.
(7) Place on a greased baking sheet. Make 4-5 slashes on top.
(8) Let rise until double.
(9) Brush bread with a mixture of 1 beaten egg and 2 Tbsp. milk.
(10) Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.