This roast is easy with a capital E. Use a frozen arm roast and the job is done - even the gravy is already made by the time you get home. So invite some friends over and let the meal take care of itself. This wonderful recipe is from my beloved mother-in-law who got it from her beloved mother-in-law.
1 3-4lb FROZEN arm roast
1 (10.75 oz) can of cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.75 oz) can of tomato soup
1 envelope of dry onion soup mix
(1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
(2) In a large roasting dish combine the cream of mushroom soup, tomato soup and dry onion soup mix.
(3) Place frozen roast over soup mix. Turn roast once to coat.
(4) Place lid over roasting pan and roast in preheated oven 4-5 hours. DO NOT REMOVE LID!
(5) During last hour of cook time add vegetables of your choice. We like potatoes and carrots. Place lid back and continue to cook for the last hour.
(6) Serve. Your gravy is in the pan, already made.
(1) Make sure you've baked some bread to go along with this. You'll be glad you did!
(2) Spend the extra money and buy the arm roast. An arm roast will always fall apart, be tender and you honestly get more meat for your money.