Thursday, September 16, 2010

Creamy Tomato Basil Soup

Who needs Panera when you can make this kind of soup at home? And it's literally a 10-minute meal. My friend Nicole came across this recipe, only she uses the Roasted Red Pepper sauce - which is equally as wonderful. Tonight I toasted up some chicken panini's on artisan cheese bread and it was almost as if we were in Panera....only not really.


Ingredients:
1 jar of Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce - Archer Farms brand
1- 14.5 oz can of chicken broth
1/4 cup of heavy cream

Directions:
(1) In a medium saucepan combine the pasta sauce and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
(2) Just before serving whisk in heavy cream.
(3) Serve hot.

Helpful Hints:
(1) There are some people in my family (I'm not going to mention names, but everybody but me) has issues with texture and food. When I make this again I will most likely take the pasta sauce and put it in my blender and puree it until there are no "little pieces" anymore.
(2) Must serve it with a hot sandwich like a panini because it is that good.

1 comment: