These cookies really are wonderful. They are a very soft cookie with a comforting taste of pumpkin and cinnamon topped with a homey brown sugar glaze. One of my favorite cookies!
1 cup Crisco
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
(1) Preheat oven to 35o degrees.
(2) In a large mixing bowl combine the Crisco and sugar. Beat until smooth.
(3) Beat in egg and vanilla. Add the pumpkin puree to the mixture.
(4) In another bowl combine all dry ingredients: salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and cinnamon.
(5) Add dry ingredients to the sugar mixture until well Incorporated.
(6) Drop by rounded spoonful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until bottoms just begin to turn golden.
(7) Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for about a minute. Remove cookies to cooling rack. Once cooled to room temperature frost with Brown Sugar Glaze.
Brown Sugar Glaze:
5 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. milk (or heavy cream)
In a small saucepan melt the butter, brown sugar and milk and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring only once or twice. Remove from heat. Stir in enough powdered sugar to form a thick consistency but yet, still spreadable. Using a large spoon spread glaze on cookies.