3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree (or 1/2 a can)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners. (approx. 12)
(2) In a small mixing bowl combine flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
(3) In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin and oil mixing well.
(4) Stir in flour mixture until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips (or don't).
(5) Using an antique ice-cream scoop (or whatever) scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
(6) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
(7) Cool on wire racks and dust with powdered sugar so they look pretty.
(1) I have an antique ice-cream scoop that I LOVE to use to scoop muffin/cup-cake batter with. It makes the perfect size portions. If you have something similar I suggest you use it. If you don't, I suggest you go to your nearest antique store and purchase one.