5 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (Russets also work well)
1 small onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 1/2 cups cubed ham, fully cooked
1 qt. heavy cream
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13" pan.
(2) In a large mixing bowl combine the potatoes, onion, garlic, Cheddar cheese and ham.
(3) Spread into the prepared 9x13" pan and pour cream over the potato mixture.
(4) Bake in preheated oven until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
(1) Obviously my little family of 4 couldn't eat (or could they) a 9x13" pan. So I split the recipe and used my larger deep dish stone from Pampered chief. It worked awesome.
(2) I also didn't use fresh onion and garlic - instead I just used my seasoning powder.
(3) Before I threw it in the oven I sprinkled the top with more Cheddar cheese.