Friday, December 3, 2010

Cinnamon Stick Cookies

I absolutely love these cookies with a cup of coffee. They're even better when it's cold and dreary outside. Perfect for a day like today.
I found this recipe in Jane Hunter's cookbook and she states that she received it from a friend named Sue Jacobs. Well Mrs. Jacobs had a daughter named Brooke Sue and she and I were pretty good buddies throughout my middle school and high school years. So maybe that is also why I love these cookies - because they remind me of my friend.


Ingredients:
1 cup margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 egg
2 1/2 cups flour
5 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(2) In a large mixing bowl cream margarine and sugar. Add vanilla, 1 tsp. cinnamon and egg.
(3) Add 1 cup flour and mix well. Add rest of flour. Dough will be very firm and easy to handle.
(4) Grab a walnut size ball of dough and roll like a pencil. Roll in mixture of 5 Tbsp. sugar and 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon to coat. Place on un-greased cookie sheet.
(5) Bake for 10 minutes.

Helpful Hints:
(1) Store in loosely covered container.
(2) Can freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment