Monday, January 3, 2011

Company Chicken

Six years ago I took charge of creating a cookbook for our church. For the most part I had some go-to recipes that I always used from it. But the other day I was checking a recipe and came across this one from my friend Laura Norman. I tried it for 2 reasons - (1) it looked like I could pull it together in less than 5 minutes and (2) it had everything in it I knew my family would eat. If I had a 5-star rating I think it would earn all 5!



Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts - halved (for a total of 8 chicken pieces)
8 slices of bacon
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic

Directions:
(1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
(2) Wrap each half of chicken in one piece of bacon. Arrange in a 9x13" casserole dish.
(3) In a mixing bowl combine sour cream with undiluted soup. Spread over chicken. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
(4) Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and continue baking for 1 more hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment