Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Killer Scotch Shortbread

I LOVE the shortbread cookies at Panera. Yesterday, that was all I wanted to eat. So what's a pregnant girl to do? Make it.

So I started looking online for shortbread recipes. It couldn't be just any shortbread. It had to equal the taste and texture of the Panera shortbread. Online I found the words "killer shortbread". That sounded just like the kind of shortbread I was looking for. And I was not disappointed.

Watch out Panera Bread. I've got the goods.



Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:
(1) Cream butter and sugar well.
(2) Add flour, cornstarch and salt. Blend with mixer until "crumbles" are the size of peas.
(3) Turn into a 9x9" pan. Press down until smooth.
(4) Prick all over with fork. Top with sprinkles/sugar if desired.
(5) Bake at 300 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Don't over bake.
(6) Remove from oven to wire rack and immediately cut into squares. Allow to cool slightly before eating or you'll burn your tongue.

Helpful Hints:
(1) Enjoy with a mug of Friendship Tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment