Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Turkey Breast in a Crockpot

A month ago I had the opportunity to visit my buff friend Amber. One of the reasons she's so buff is because she eats well. She cooked us up a wonderful feast which included this turkey. I couldn't believe she did it in a crock pot of all things. The turkey came out perfect!

Ingredients:
1 small Turkey or medium sized turkey breast, thawed
3 cups water

Directions:
(1) Place thawed turkey breast in crock pot.
(3) Pour 3 cups of water over turkey.
(4) Place lid on crock pot and turn to low. Cook for 8 hours or until meat thermometer reads 160-165 degrees.

Helpful Hints:
(1) Amber used a bone-in turkey breast which was larger and had to cook the entire 8 hours. I used a 3 lb. boneless turkey breast which was ready in 6 hours. So it's important to use the meat thermometer to ensure proper cooking time.
(2) I was also able to use the juices for a real nice gravey as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment